Salary: £17669 - £20271 FTE or £13946 – £16000 per annum for part time, 25 hours a week, 52 weeks per year
Full time position: 36 hours per week. Part time: Morning caretaker 7am to 12 noon. Afternoon caretaker 11.45am to 4.45pm.
We are looking to recruit either a full time or 2 part time caretakers to join our friendly team to help look after our school by undertaking a range of duties to contribute to the cleanliness, security and day to day upkeep of the premises.
Our ideal candidate(s):
• Lives within a short driving distance to our school
• Would be responsible for unlocking the school on time each day (morning caretaker)
• Is adaptable and a team player
• Is patient, caring and calm
• Is enthusiastic, with a good sense of humour
• Has basic DIY skills and can carry out minor repairs as required.
• Is well motivated and able to use their initiative
• Can monitor the cleaners in their tasks (afternoon caretaker)
• Ensures facilities are kept secure, clean and tidy
• Is familiar with COSHH procedures (or is willing to learn) and responsible for clearing up spills, fluids etc
• Responds to emergencies, contacting repair and maintenance suppliers as necessary
• Will uphold the values of our school
• is able to support the distinctive Christian ethos of the school but does not have to be a practicing Christian
There will also be the possibility of additional hours to be worked during the evenings, at weekends and during the school holidays throughout the year to meet the needs of the lettings strategy, as and when required.
** Please see the job description for the full details of this role **
Ashley School is part of The Good Shepherd Trust. Please take the time to look at our website which will give you more information about our school, our ethos, aims and values.
Closing date: Friday 5th June 2020
Interview date: tbc
Start date: To be agreed with the successful candidate
All applications must be made using the online application form – we do not accept CVs.
Please note that we will take up references before the interview. It is essential therefore, that all reference details supplied are correct, up to date and include a current email address.
If you would like to visit us, we will be pleased to show you around when the school reopens. Please contact the school to arrange this. If you have any questions about the role, please email the main school email address which can be found on our website.
The Good Shepherd Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We ensure that all our employment practices reflect this commitment.